Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lazy blog girl

Yes I have been very lax of late. I have been trying to do a few things and I find that if I sit down at the computer, time just goes "poof"!

It's the beginning of another weekend for me. Mmm, yes there are lots of things to do. Will they get done? Mmm. I'm actually going to take some time off work in June. Mainly to be with my Mum who is starting kemo at the beginning of June. Thought I'd take time that will coincide with her last two weeks of her treatment. Luckily I have heaps of projects that are portable!

On a much cheerier note! These are the first two triangles of my Rainbow Dear Jane. Yes, I need to redo them! But that's okay, at least I got a start! I was actually very nervous about doing them because I haven't done anything so small before. Good thing there's plenty of fabric supplied in the kit! I recieved the second months worth last week. Better get a move on.

I thought I would share the remains of my afternoon tea from last weekend! Good tea, homemade scones and good friends. I am a lucky girl.

Well I have done my 9 patch blocks for the twiddletails swap. Medium and darks. I really enjoyed using the batik fabric. I'll have to use it again. I have also finshed an Eater/Spring swap through myquiltblog.com, but I can't show pictures just yet! I have finally settled on a pattern for the mini quilt spring swap. I was beginning to panic a little about that one, although I still have a few ideas rolling around in my head.


Not the best photo, but it gives an idea of the colour and pattern. The colours are so vivid. Love them!


The green would have to be one of my favourites. I've enjoyed doing these 9 patches so much that I've just jumped into another swap for 9 patches! The lovely Christine is hosting this swap from Once Upon A Quilt

Today I seem to be in the mood to ramble! Procrasting I think! Okay, I shall go off to do a few things and I promise to be a more productive blog girl! Or is that regular? Mmm. Okay one more photo! My oldest son was very proud of himself for blowing his first bubble!

Have a lovely weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I hope your mom comes along well with her kwmo and I am glad that you are going to spend some time with her.
    Love the 9 patch batiks. I like the batiks anyway they are such fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lovely tea setting, especially the tea pot. Love the 9 patches too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lise,

    I have been unable to reach you by email. Did you send your Spring Blooms quilt to Claudine in France and did you receive the one from Gabi in Germany?

    Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to let me know the status.

    Many thanks,
    Michele
    Quilting Gallery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lise, I cannot seem to reach you by email.I was just checking to see how your Halloween blocks we coming along. Would you please send me an up-date. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, I was just checking your blog and saw that you read my post "where are you" I am so glad you are OK, I was so worried. It seems that this must be a crazy summer for you, if you would like to drop out of the Halloween Swap I would totally understand. I would really like to know what you would like to do, please Lise, get in touch with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lise, I have tried every way I can think of to get a hold of you, the blocks are due and I have not heard a word. In fairness to the others in your group. I am going to have to replace you, I hope that whatever is happening in your life settles down and things become better for you. I know that you are a responsible person, for you have been in my other swaps, I know things happen. I wish you all the best. Jane

    ReplyDelete